ACDHH aspires to be a national leader in communication access, support services and community empowerment throughout the state.
14 commissioners appointed by the Governor oversee the work of ACDHH:
- Four Deaf representatives
- Four Hard of Hearing representatives
- One parent of a Deaf or Hard of Hearing child
- One member who is a licensed sign language interpreter
- One licensed hearing aid dispenser
- One clinical audiologist representative
- One representative from the Arizona Department of Economic Security
- One representative from the Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and the Blind
Notice of Commission meetings will be posted 24 hours prior to meeting time on ACDHH website and at 100 N. 15th Avenue, Suite 104, Phoenix, AZ 85007 in compliance with open meeting laws.
Download the Commisioner's Handbook
The Commissioner's Handbook was approved by the Commission in July 2009