Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):

1) Where can I find Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) related information?

ADA website

ADA: Title I (Employment)

ADA Title II (State & Local Government)

ADA Title III (Public Accommodations and Commercial Facilities) 

National Association of the Deaf (NAD) 

American with Disabilities (ADA) Video in ASL by pepnet2 video 



2) What information can I use to support my request for communication accommodations to ensure effective communication?

ADA Effective Communication Overview Brochure

ADA Brochure for Effective Communication (Public Entities and Public Accommodations) 

ACDHH: Brochure for Medical Providers

ACDHH: Interpreter Agencies List  

American Medical Association (AMA) publication on Regulatory Compliance 

The use of Sign Language Interpreters in Dentistry

Sign Language Interpreters for Dental Patients and their Families

Internal Revenue Service: Disabled Access Tax Credit

3) How can I file a discrimination complaint?

There are different categories in which you can file complaint:
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) will process Employment complaints: 

EEOC Assessment

How to File a Charge of Employment Discrimination

Phoenix EEOC District Office  

Title II under American with Disabilities Act (ADA) covers state and local government agencies such as law enforcement, public schools, library, correctional system and many more; you would file a complaint with the Department of Justice (DOJ)

Title III under American with Disabilities Act (ADA) covers public accommodations such as hotels, theaters, a doctor’s office, hospitals, and many more; you can file a complaint with the Department of Justice (DOJ) Civil Right Division

To file a complaint against a medical provider such as a doctor's office/clinic or hospital, contact the complaint division of the Department of Human Health Service (DHHS) Office of Civil Rights

Potential complaints can be discussed with the Arizona Center for Disability Law (ACDL)

Additionally, you also can file a complaint with the Arizona Attorney General (AzAG) Office of Civil Rights

Captioning and Relay Service complaints can be filed with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) under Title IV of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

Accessibility Complaints

4) Where can I find information on Deaf events in Arizona?

Arizona Commission of the Deaf and the Hard of Hearing

Deaf Cactus News

Phoenix Association of the Deaf, Inc.

Phoenix Deaf Women Organization

Tucson Association for the Deaf     

Lake Havasu City Deaf


5) Where can I find Deaf Organizations and Support Groups in Arizona?

Deaf Organizations and Support Groups

Deaf Resources 

6) Where can I find a list of Sign Language Interpreter agencies?

Interpreter Agencies

Interpreter Agency Directory


7) Where can I find contact information for Vocational Rehabilitation Services and One Stop/Workforce Development Centers?

Sue Kay Kneifel is the Statewide Coordinator for the Deaf (SCD)
Contact Information: (602) 542-2170 (V) (928) 583-7652 (VP)
[email protected]

Arizona Job Connection Resources