Here you will find events and educational opportunities for family and deaf and/or hard of hearing youth in Arizona and elsewhere.
Check back to see what's happening next!
Education Sessions & Family Workshops
If there are Education Sessions you would like to see offered by the Commission, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Arizona Youth Leadership Forum (AZYLF)
Arizona Youth Leadership Forum (AZYLF) is an innovative 6 day training program for students and transitioning youth who have disabilities. AZYLF features career exploration and leadership development learning opportunities to assist each individual to maximize their potential. The training is presented in a fun, educational, and motivating format. AZYLF will be held at Arizona State University Downtown Campus in Phoenix Arizona, June 21-26, 2015. Click here for the application.
Lately...In the News
Did you know?
- Many people think loud toys are mostly designed for older kids, however, the majority of noisy toys are for children 6-years-old and younger.
- Lullaby type toys are often placed in cribs with infants, exposing the baby to excessive noise for extended periods of time.
- Many computer speakers can reach 100 dB and TVs can often be even louder!
- iPod ear buds can reach 130 dB - if you can hear the music while others are wearing ear buds/headphones its a clear sign that it's TOO LOUD!
- Exposure to loud noise early on habutuates the child to expect noise to be loud, he or she becomes used to loud sounds. This is NOT good.
Rule of Thumb:
85 dB is the max volume, beyond that it's not safe for any ears - young and older.