As your child transitions through the educational system, understanding the programs available to support your child’s individual needs is vital to their educational success. This process can start with early intervention services and lead all the way to assisting with career development or at any milestone along the journey to success. Collaborating with your support coordinators/caseworkers or family advocates can be instrumental in determining the next steps in the educational transition process for your Deaf, Hard of Hearing or DeafBlind child.
Special Education Resources
- Parental Consent
- Prior Written Notice
- Procedural Safeguards Notice
- Special Education Video: “Know your rights”- Series 1
- Special Education Video: “Know your rights”- Series 2
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act- Overview
- Is it time to think about high school graduation?
- Transition Slide Guide